Scholarship Information & Instructions
The DPS Scholarship Foundation Selection Committee will select recipients based on the following criteria:
- High School Records and Test Scores. (GPA 2.5 or above)
- Leadership and participation in school, job and/or community activities.
- Citizenship responsibility in your school and community.
- Future growth potential as reflected by teacher evaluation form.
- Student must have already submitted an application to the institution(s) of their choice.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- If selected, an interview at the request of the Selection Committee on April 23, 24 or 25, 2019
Please submit completed application in the EXACT ORDER listed below (1-9) and number the pages on the right bottom of each page.
- A completed application. Applications with missing or incomplete information will not be considered for a scholarship.
- School transcript
- SAT or ACT scores
- A copy of your submitted FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) form
- Two (2) completed academic teacher evaluations
- Essay, stating educational goals and plans. (Not more than one page, typewritten and double-spaced)
- A list of extracurricular activities, honors, and awards, including in-and-out of school activities, offices or leadership positions held, employment experiences, volunteer services (on separate sheet)
- If applicable, describe fully any unusual circumstances that should be considered (on a separate sheet)
- Applicant Summary Sheet signed by school counselor
Friday, March 1, 2019 - Applications due to Counselors
PDF files can be downloaded and handwritten or
Download Adobe Acrobat DC Reader
Open the file with Adobe Acrobat DC Reader and
Select the "Fill & Sign" option
Please note - 2 copies of the Teacher Evaluation Form need to be printed by the applicant.